1. I have a post up at my home away from home, Funny not Slutty. It’s about the Summer Olympics and stupid sports like Dressage.* What I didn’t say about the Olympics is that I have a soft spot for them because I used to watch them with my dad. As you undoubtedly read in Scientific American, time ran slower back then, so the 4 years between games took forfriggingever.
2. I made fun of Rhythmic Gymnastics, then met a practitioner the very next day. She listed her job as “Contortionist,” so my argument that Rhythymic Gymnastics was more suited to the circus than the Olympics still stands. And the best part? No cutaway interviews with the thoroughly unintelligible Bela Karolyi.
3. I also saw these guys (below) at the most fantastic birthday party/present ever. Suzi Winson runs a circus school, and she gave our mutual friend Toby an intimate, yet spectacular (literally), birthday party.
4. I was mad that the spunky proto-feminist main character in Brave had to sew to save her mother. And about the whole bear thing.
5. Watching Breaking Bad and Project Runway back-to-back is a surreal experience that I don’t want to repeat. I need to let Breaking Bad wash over me for longer, and I need to see Tim Gunn without feeling judgey about the false drama and frivolity. Because I don’t anything to interfere with my Tim Gunn love.
* If you know what this is from personal experience, I’m actually prejudiced against you. I’m ashamed to admit this, but it’s true.
Related articles on dressage that make fun of Mitt Romney: