A Get Well Card to Moochie

July 30, 2011

in Moochie

I’ve got to admit, if I had 104˚ fever, I’d be much more of a pain in the ass than

you’ve been. And if your dad had that high a fever, he’d be shivering and moaning
like a Titanic survivor plucked out of the frigid Atlantic.

Dear Mooch:

Get well soon, you little trooper!

Because:
  • We’re paying a lot for camp
  • When I leave the room, you’re watching Moose and Zee’s Balloon Math; when I return, it’s the fat clap lady on YouTube again
  • I know you’re going to get the rest of us sick, and then we’ll pass the virus around like a holiday fruitcake
  • I. Cannot. Make. Another. Friendship. Bracelet.
  • We had tickets to a local ball game tonight, and you’d already made your “poster.” I know full well you were intending to add Popsicle sticks to support the massive 8.5″ x 11″ sign, and now you won’t get to show off your effort. Your dad and I weren’t going to tell you the thing was tragically undersized, because we were convinced the sad-sack micro poster and your cheers would earn you a batting practice ball.
So get better soon, please? Because I’m kinda losing my mind.

Smooshiest July 30, 2011 at 1:07 am

Get well, Moochie! I have no idea how you found that lady on youtube, but you certainly are resourceful like your mom…

The Empress July 30, 2011 at 6:01 am

Oh, honey!

Psst. I kinda secretly like it when they're sick. Because they're mine, all mine.

xo

Kathleen Botsford August 1, 2011 at 12:30 am

Get well Moochie! Your ducks look just like my Stevie's everything….I just went through all of the boxes trying to throw things out. The operative word here, TRYING.

Connie Weiss August 1, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Oh no! Fever in the summer is tough!

Get Well Soon!

Lizbeth August 1, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Sick in the Summer?!? That's against the law. Or it should be somewhere. Hurry up and get better sweetie or at least let your momma off the hook on those friendship bracelets…

Anna See August 2, 2011 at 3:25 am

get well wishes to moochie and stay well wishes to you!

K A B L O O E Y August 2, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Thank you for your good wishes for the hot tot. Temp is finally down for 24 hours, so I dropped her at camp. That leaves me one day to get ready for BlogHer and to leave lists for Phin about what goes where and when. They'll figure it out regardless, though.

Karen @ Mignardise August 3, 2011 at 12:52 pm

You're really going all the way to San Diego? I'm kinda jealous. I could use a few days in California myself.
Hope Moochie (so adorable) is all better by now and that you have a fabulous time. You'll have to have fish tacos instead of ramen.
Can't wait to hear all about it.

Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite September 13, 2011 at 12:18 am

So late to read this post but it is so sweet. Love the Mooch. Love how much you love her!